My father was an atheist who believed life had no meaning – he found his god in a nightly bottle of Jack Daniels. I found my god and meaning in crayons, paper and my imagination and began my career as a fashion designer working out of India. The, at times, madcap outward pulling world, led me full circle to the inward open arms of yoga and meditation and from an adrenal depletive 1980’s dogma of “no pain no gain”, to a refreshingly new mantra of “no self-blame” and a higher perspective on life where everyday is seen as a beautiful sensuous creative act and literally what you make it mean.
Where I am now
50 years on the clock and over 25 years of mind, body soul education and practice – and feeling more connected to spirit than ever, more energised, passionate , fitter, stronger, happier and juicier than I have ever felt. My biggest journey? Learning to get out of my own way. To honour my head and thoughts, to own my projections and fears and to find the courage to “know” and experience from a very deep space within, that our true “home” isn’t out ‘there’ in the “security” we think we gather around us, and the cold ice palaces of our minds and concepts. True ‘home” comes from knowing ourselves inside and out, holding and honouring our tender vulnerabilities in our own sweet hands and hearts and exquisitely moving forward in life with heart/mind alignment, fluid ease, beauty, sensuousness and freedom.
Credentials – Qualifications – Certifications:
- Shadow work – Psycho-spiritual facilitator: 12 years under the pupilage of Drs Hal and Sidra Stone (the psychologists who created the Psychology of the Selves/Voice Dialogue methodology). I was given their blessing to take their work forward and to become a facilitator and clinical counsellor
- 500 hour ERYT Yoga Alliance Certificate, USA – yoga and meditation
- British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Teacher’s Diploma (teacher of teachers)
- Birthlight Diploma in pre and post-natal yoga
- Sat for several years on the faculties of Yoga Campus, triyoga and The Biomedical Trust Teacher Trainings (specialising in yoga for anxiety and depression). Certificates in vinyasa yoga, Iynegar yoga, yin yoga, restorative yoga and kundalini yoga therapy
- Hypnotherapy qualification
- Naturopathy: studied under Barbara Wren at the College of Natural Nutrition and took David Wolfe’s Raw Food course
- College of Psychic Studies, Healing Certification
- First class honours degree in fashion and printed textiles – Brighton College of Art